Loading map data, please wait.
Founded 1865. Under the leadership of Charles Miller & Joseph Sibley, it produced high - quality lubricants used by most U.S. railroads. Purchased 1878 by John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil, which used Galena-Signal products to gain dominance over area railroads and a virtual monopoly of the U.S. oil industry. Independent after the breakup of Standard Oil in 1911. Absorbed 1931 by Valvoline. Headquarters located here, 1901-1931.
1140 Liberty St. (at S Park St.), Franklin